Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 2 - Doing Good

After 2 days of sticking to my program, I'm feeling really good about it.

Saturday went really well, I stuck to my plan and felt good about my food choices. Usually Sunday breakfast consists of eggs and toast in our house. This time I skipped the toast and had slices of tomatoe with my egg and some grapes. After church was our usual 3rd Sunday of the month potluck. As I was helping to put out the food I noticed that there was only one salad so ahead of time I put a serving of salad on my plate since normally I'm one of the last in line and by then there isn't that much to choose from. What I ended up choosing was salad, sliced cucumbers, 1/2 a cob of corn, a 2 bite size piece of chicken and a small spoon of beef stew. That was pretty good since there was LOTS to choose from. For dessert I skipped all the tempting treats and had some fruit instead. I didn't feel at all deprived! The rest of my family wasn't hungry for supper later in the day since they had eaten a lot at lunch, so we skipped supper all together. That was ok with me since I wasn't feeling hungry anyway. So all around a good first 2 days.

I also walked both days. Getting my walk in each day isn't really that hard for me. Normally Paul and I get up a half hour before he has to start getting ready for work (or before our days start on the weekend) and we head out for a good 30 minute walk. Not only is it good for both of us to get the exercise every day but it's really good for our relationship. We started walking together this summer while Paul was on his holidays from work and have just stuck with it after he went back. This summer was really good for our family. We headed out to Niagara Falls, Ontario, where we moved from about 2 years ago, and spent a few weeks visiting with family and friends. While we were there, the church that we were a part of before our move was involved in a conference that was being held in Niagara so we decided to stay the extra few days and go to that. The kids stayed with my parents while Paul and I went to the conference. It was a great time of just getting refocused on God and Him becoming more real in both of our lives. A lot of exciting things came out of those few days! So I really love spending time walking in the morning with Paul and just getting our day off to a good start!

Andrea

1 comment:

divad said...

Whoo hoo, I'm routing for you all the way Andrea! There's a really good video on overeating and the believer, which helped kick me into gear. If you you tube mars hill church, mark driscoll, proverbs and addictions, you'll find it. It takes about 45 minutes to listen to, but it's worth it! We're doing this...miles apart, but we're doing it!!!!