Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 3 - Stressful Day

Today started out good but quickly went downhill. I headed into Swift Current to do my shopping and to get an oil change on my van. As soon as the oil change was done I called to see if Paul wanted to meet me for lunch. He was busy so I was just going to get my groceries and head home. Almost to the grocery store, my battery light came on and all my gauges, speedometer and radio shut down. The van kept running but I knew something was definitely wrong. I wasn't far from Canadian Tire so I ran into the service department while my van was still running and luckily they could take me fairly soon. I also called Paul back and let him know what was going on. The funny thing is that I actually had my cell phone along, because for months it has been at the bottom of my purse and just yesterday I charged it and took it along today. So I sat in my van which I kept running (I wasn't about to shut it off and not be able to start it again) for about an hour until I could get it in. The good thing was that I had brought my bible along (I am reading through the gospels out of the Message right now) so I didn't mind the wait. I ended up getting a salad for lunch while I waited (which was a much better choice than the burger and fries I would have had otherwise) and then had a bowl of yummy homemade soup for supper when I got home.

I guess when I look back at my day, it wasn't all that bad, just not what I had expected. And I still did great with my eating.

Tomorrow is Tuesday, the day I will normally weigh myself, but because I just started on Saturday I think I will wait until next Tuesday for my first weigh in.

I also noticed my followers doubled in the last day. From 1 to 2!!!!! WOW!

Andrea

3 comments:

divad said...

Way to go with not eating because of stress. That always gets me going with poor eating! I wrote about you on my blog and some tried to follow you but said they couldn't get your address because your url wasn't attached under my followers. I am a dumb dumb with computers, so I don't know exactly what that means,but you probably do. Also, you can join scalejunkie.com, which is a network of people blogging about weight loss. I've found some great support there. You've got to check out forty something...the pictures are unreal!!!!!

266 said...

That's great that you have started a program like your friend's; I especially think it's wonderful that the two of you can lean on one another when things get a bit tough. You are doing great so far, just take it one day at a time. You already got through your first real challenge with having a stressful day, but sticking to your plan anyhow. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea! Keep it up! I am following Dawne and will now follow you as well!