Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 11 - Weigh-in Day

Today is Tuesday so it's the day I am scheduled to weigh in each week. This is my first weigh in since taking my starting weight. I wasn't too excited when I saw it was only about 2 lbs down this morning. I was also frustrated to see that anytime I moved while standing on the scale my weight changed too. It went from 2 lbs (up) to 5 lbs (down). So I'm not sure if I need a new, more accurate scale or what??? Any suggestions?? I'm not going to worry about it only being 2 lbs because I know that I already feel a lot better and more comfortable in my clothes so that is a great start. I'm sure the pounds will come off with time.

I did pretty good yesterday. Breakfast was cereal with a banana, lunch was a salad with 2 slices of turkey and a bit of shredded cheese, a cookie (not quite part of my plan) and for supper we went out and I had a salad, fish and a few fries. I shared my meal with one of my kids, he ate most of the fries and about 1/3 of the fish so that wasn't too bad.

My 'dangerous' time is when I'm alone. That's when I used to eat what I wanted and no was there to see it. This last week following my plan has been really good, even when I've been by myself, and that seems to be a lot during the day since the kids are all in school again. But I know that's when I really need to be careful.


Andrea

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1-2 lbs per week is an average, healthy weight loss. Many people do lose 5 or more lbs during their first week of diet/life change but it's just water weight.

divad said...

Regarding the wonky scale, I say stand on that thing the way it says 5 lbs. down! :) 2 pounds is terrific. Congrats my friend...so proud to be on this journey with you.

You have alone time with all those kids??? Oh, when they're in school...tough one. I know I used to eat at 3pm, I've replaced that afternoon smorg with a piece of fruit. Maybe plan for a healthy snack that takes away the urge to eat when you're alone.

And, remember, we're never really alone with no one watching, are we???