Thursday, December 17, 2009

Crafty


This was one of the things I made for the auction at the school last night. I had seen something similar, just wine bottles with lights in them, so I thought I'd give it a try and copy it but add a few things. I had to drill a hole in the back of each bottle to feed the lights through. Paul told me I needed a diamond drill bit for glass and it worked perfectly. This summer when we went back to Ontario for a visit, I just popped into a 'make your own wine' place and the guy there gave me a bunch of labels and seals for the top. The stand I made from two boxes I picked up at the dollar store, painted black and glued together. And the grapes I got at the dollar store too. It probably cost me $8 to make and it sold for $45.

The other thing I made I can't show you yet because I also sent one back to Ontario as a gift. So you'll have to wait until after Christmas.

Andrea

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very crafty! What a good idea.

Andrea said...

I know I love it.