Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! The gifts are opened, candy and chocolate have been nibbled on and I could use a nap!

We started out our morning with breakfast. I had made a 'make the night before' breakfast casserole so that I only had to
put it into the oven this morning. Paul and I enjoyed it but the kids were way too excited to eat breakfast. We opened Oma and Opa's (that's my mom and dad) gifts while we talked to them on Skype. Then we finished the book "Bartholomew's Passage". We were given this book as a gift at Paul's work Christmas Party. It's an advent book, it has a chapter to read each day of advent and it finishes off on Christmas morning. It was a really exciting book. The kids would always beg me to read another chapter because each chapter ends with a cliff hanger. So this morning we finished the book and it was a really good ending. I was told it is one of a series of 3 books so we will have to find another one for next year.

Then we opened the rest of the presents.
That's always a little chaotic! I think Matt's favorite gift is the remote control car from his cousin Caleb. He hasn't put it down yet. The kids are all in their new pj's too and Michelle's in her new slippers from her cousin Rachel. Josh is wearing his New Jersey Devil's hat from his cousin Kurt and Ben's been playing his handheld Battleship game from his cousin Maddy. I love my 'FAMILY' Picture frame that I got from Michelle. Last week while I was shopping with Michelle, I showed her a frame with different pictures of letters that spelled out the word 'FAMILY' that I liked. She went home into Paul's shop and started taking pictures of tools that looked like letters. Then she did some editing on the computer, put them into black and white and then framed them. I love it. Paul and I also got a similar gift from my sister Jen and her husband Geoff that spelled out 'JOY'. I love them both.


Anyway, there are too many gifts to mention but we love them all, especially the ones that were sent with love from Ontario!!

I hope you all have a great Christmas.

Andrea


1 comment:

divad said...

Wow - Michelle is talented! Sounds like you had a great day. Happy New Year Andrea!