Monday, March 15, 2010

The Weekend In A Nutshell

Friday was a good eating day. Saturday would have been good if I hadn't eaten all those sugar cookies with icing that the kids and I made and decorated. But Sunday was back to normal again.

My daughter, Michelle, seems to be in high demand these days. A few months ago a lady in town that caters mentioned that she had her eye on Michelle and would like to start training her within a year to help her at functions that she caters. Then the other day the friends of ours that own the restaurant up the street asked me if Michelle was interested in working. They said they've had their eye on her to run the ice cream window out of their restaurant for the season, probably starting in a few weeks working afterschools and probably through till September. Wow, pretty popular girl, she's going to be rolling in the dough!! The only thing is getting a permit for her to work since she is still 13 until October, but hopefully that isn't a big deal. She's pretty excited!

Any ideas for satisfying my sweet cravings. I think that's why I eat cookies because I don't have anything else (that I want) when I'm just craving something sweet.

Andrea


Breakfast - cereal with milk
Lunch - 1/2 a BLT salad with chicken at Burger King
Snack - banana, turkey bite (thanks Dawne for reminding me of one of my favorite snacks)
Supper - chicken veg soup (again, thanks to Dawne for the recipe which I have below, it's soooo good!!)

Leftover Turkey Chicken Soup Recipe

2 tsp. canola oil
1 pound leftover turkey chicken, cut into cubes

1 1/2 cups chopped celery, carrots (each)

1 cup chopped onions

4 cups chicken broth

1 large can tomatoes, cut up

1/3 cup pearl barley

3/4 tsp marjoram

1/2 tsp each thyme, ground sage, salt and pepper

1/4 chopped fresh parsley


Heat oil in large saucepan, add vegetables and saute. Add spices. Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to low. Cover and simmer 30 - 35 minutes, until barley is tender. Enjoy your left over Thanksgiving turkey chicken!


Can you tell I just learned to strike out words!!!



2 comments:

divad said...

How, tell me how, to strike out words!!!! Pretty please. Very exciting about the job opps for Michelle. Tiahna just started working and she's enjoying a growing bank account!

Sweet - 2 light graham crackers with frozen light cool whip between them. Sometimes, I make a full pan - line the bottom with crackers, spread the cool whip, cover with more crackers. Freeze. Cut into squares. They were 1 point on Weight Watchers - about 50 or 60 cal per serving. I also buy low cal ice cream bars.

Glad you like the soup! Me too!

Anonymous said...

I snack on almonds, lightly toasted. They are really good and a satisfying snack. I think they are supposed to be very good for you too.
I chew gum often, another alternative to snacking on cookies... actually I snack on cookies too. Just can't help it sometimes!

I'm going to try that soup. We have some leftover chicken from tonight's dinner.

Good for Michelle!

Sylvia