Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 55

Good day today. Went shopping with a neighbor lady. She often comes into town with me if she needs to do some shopping. So we got all her Christmas shopping done today. Wow, I haven't started my shopping and I don't even have a clue yet what to get for my kids for Christmas this year.

We had chinese for lunch and I just had a mandarin orange for supper. I'm saving room for some dessert tonight. Our church is putting on a movie/dessert night for the community. We're showing the movie "Fireproof". So I thought I would like to enjoy a bit of dessert tonight!

My friend Anne had an idea a while back to display her nativity sets and invite the community to come and see them. She has 100 sets, and her collection is still growing. So at the beginning of December her and I are going to set up her collection and my 3 sets plus anyone else who wants to display theirs. We'll have lots of Christmas lights and Christmas music playing, snacks and hot drinks. It will just be a time of wandering around looking at all the nativities and getting into the Christmas spirit. I can already smell the cinnamony hot apple cider. I just bought a gorgeous nativity set that we will have as a door prize. We are really looking forward to it. Here's the invitation if anyone wants to make the trek out to southern Saskatchewan.

The nightjesus Was born

Friday December 4, 2009 at 6:30 – 8:30 P.M.

Saturday December 5, 2009 at 3:00 – 6:00 P.M.

At Kelstern Community Church

Come walk through a collection of over 100 nativity scenes celebrating the true meaning of Christmas in a relaxed setting with the sounds and smells of Christmas.

Activities for kids include making a nativity scene, nativity scavenger hunt and free activity book.

Refreshments served throughout the evening.

Special door prizes.

Free Admission.


Love to see you all there!

Andrea



Breakfast
vector with milk

Lunch
1 egg roll
veg stirfry
spicy beef

Supper
mandarin orange
a bit of dessert at movie/dessert night

Exercise
lots of walking during shopping
walked to the movie and back (all the way across town!!!!!!! My town isn't that big!)

Update: Oops, the color of the words changed on the invitation somehow but I can't seem to change it back!! Oh well, you get the point.

No comments: