Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 116

Right now Michelle and Josh should be up in the air somewhere. They were so excited when I talked to them just before they boarded the plane! I'm so excited for them. I can't wait for them to call me on skype once they get there.

I just finished WATP 2 mile walk. I had to push myself to start it since I don't have Michelle here to push me but I feel good now that I've done it. I'm going to try to wake up
early tomorrow morning before the kids get up and get to it then.

For the last maybe 1/2 a year, Paul's brother has lost about 40 lbs by just changing the way he eats (he also swims everyday I think). He started looking into the glycemic index and what effect different foods have on your insulin level and your body's ability to digest foods. I don't understand it all but Paul and I have been looking into it and are beginning to change what we eat . It just means switching from certain high GI foods to low GI foods so that your body feels fuller longer and uses up the energy rather than storing it as fat.

Andrea


Breakfast
oatmeal with brown sugar
banana

Lunch
cucumber slices
sugar snap peas
guacamole

Snack
handful of cashews

Supper
couscous
veg stir fry

Exercise
WATP 30 minutes

No comments: