Sunday, January 3, 2010

Paul's Birthday

Today went pretty good except I had stomach cramps almost all day. Not the funnest time of the month.

It's Paul's birthday today. The kids and I had planned to take him out for supper tonight but he wasn't feeling that great so we just stayed in instead. Maybe we'll go out tomorrow when we are in Regina. I made some cake truffles (I made that name up). I kind of copied part of a recipt from another blog that I follow and made a few changes. I had made them for New Year's eve when we had some friends over and I thought no one would like them but it turned out everyone loved them, even the adults. So here's the recipe, if anyone's interested.


Cake Truffles

1 box of cake mix - bake the cake according to box
1 1/2 cups icing (I made butter cream icing)
1/2 cup dry oatmeal
chocolate to melt (I used some of a giant chocolate bar that I got at Walmart but you can use any chocolate that will melt well)
chocolate sprinkles

When the cake has cooled, crumble the entire cake with your hands into a large bowl. Add oatmeal and icing (use 1 cup icing to start). Add enough icing so that the mixture forms a workable dough. Roll 1 inch balls and let them cool in the fridge. Melt chocolate. Using a skewer, poke the cake balls and dip them in chocolate and place them on wax paper. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles then let them cool in the fridge.

Not very weight conscious dessert but a nice treat.

Andrea


Breakfast
1 poached egg
1 slice toast
yogurt

Lunch
bowl of chicken noodle soup
coleslaw

Supper
mac and cheese with peas
some spicy beef and pork
2 small cake truffles

**I forgot to add that I walked 20 minutes

No comments: