Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 27 - Honesty

I read Dawne's post today and it really made me think. Am I really being honest? I can honestly say, NO. Not that I've been lying to you, but I have certainly been choosing what I share and what I don't share. Dawne mentioned the other day that she had deviated from her plan only once so far. Wow, I think I've probably deviated from my plan every day, at least once, if not more. But I certainly don't share that with you because, after all, it would make me look bad. Well, is my plan to be honest or to make myself look good? Ouch! It's a lot harder and riskier to be honest, but that's what I want.

So what now? I thought I would start by being more specific in how my day is going. I'll break down what I eat and my exercise every day, or at least I'll try every day. I think that would help me to be more honest about how I'm doing.

So here is today so far, not totally on plan but honest!

Breakfast
Vector cereal with milk
a few pieces of Mrs. May's Natural Ultimate Crunch (Costco's nut and dried fruit mix)

Lunch
ate some of the stuffing that I was making for supper
nothing else since I blew it on the stuffing

Snack
carrots with a bit of dip

Supper (this was our turkey dinner since Paul wasn't home on the weekend)
turkey, mashed potatoes, carrots, stuffing
made sure not to have too much
no dessert

Exercise
walked 30 minutes this morning with Paul

Today wasn't that great but tomorrow will be much better. Working on being honest with myself and with you.

Andrea

1 comment:

divad said...

My son LOVES Vector cereal. It's full of protein, I think, right? Good choice to get you through until lunch time.

Stuffing always tempts me!?!